On Our Radar: The Generic Man Nadia lace-up


Speaking as someone who likes a bit of boy-ness in my wardrobe, I’m always pleased when menswear favorites go femme. Think the boyfriend jacket, the boyfriend jean, and now the boyfriend shoe. The Generic Man’s Brandon Day and Kevin Carney kept hearing that the ladies loved the kicks they made for dudes, so they decided to produce identical styles on a women’s last. Now in their second season, they’re jazzing them up a bit more, offering feminine tweaks like patent piping and Pop colors like yellow and purple that you won’t find in the men’s range. Works for me. I may like boy style, but as a wise woman once sang, I enjoy being a girl.

$290 to $365, available at Bird, shopbird.com, and Stuart & Wright, stuartandwright.com, both in Brooklyn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment