I want to work with Rahman, sing Bollywood song: Juggy D


New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) London-based singer Juggy D, who composed hit numbers like "Mere dil vich hai hum tum" and "Dil mera", is still struggling to find a foothold in Bollywood and says he hopes to collaborate with A.R. Rahman and Kailash Kher in the near future.

"It's been a while since I have sung in a Hindi film. I would love to do a Bollywood song. In fact, I am looking for offers," Juggy D told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

"In fact, it would be amazing if I get to collaborate with A.R. Rahman and Kailash Kher. I feel that they are amazing artistes and singing with them would be great," added the singer who has appeared on several crossover singles with some of the biggest stars such as Madonna, Ricky Martin, Mary J. Blige and Craig David.

The Bhangra singer was in Mumbai to promote his new album "Blindfolded" for which he has collaborated with Mumbai-based DJ Projekt B. He has crooned a thumping club song with Punjabi lyrics called "Ni soniye" for it.

"It is my first collaboration with an Indian DJ. It's a beautiful track. When Projekt B offered me to sing the song, I instantly liked it," said Juggy.

The album also has seven more Punjabi tracks and two Hindi remixes.

Talking about his fascination for Indian music, he said: Indian music interested me since childhood. I was always soaked in that culture. Belonging to an Indian family did have its impact. I was the first musical person in my family. But now my nephews and nieces have got attracted to music as well."

As far as his fluency in Punjabi is concerned, he credits his parents for that.

"Even though we were not living in India, I was taught proper Punjabi at home. We were not allowed to speak in any other language at home. That time I didn't like this strictness but now I am grateful to my parents for doing that," said Juggy.

He is currently working on his solo album to be released next year. Apart from that he will be also collaborate with other artisites for singles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment